Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Glimpse into a Less Wasteful Year...

Resolutions last year... mainly successful. Resolutions this year deal with waste with multiple facets of that term. This might be highly ambitious, but I feel that if my resolutions are that easily achieved that I can become indifferent, complacent, and too comfortable with the way things are. On the other hand you may notice I'm not going "cold turkey". A few years back I had a resolution concerning texting. I did cut out aim, facebook chat, et cetera, but continued to respond to cell texts, but then I had a limit of 5 texts (at which point if it was that important I informed the other person to call).

This next year I am going to strive to not waste...
1) Time: With 3 jobs, getting my masters, figuring out life after college, etc... I keep busy and still in my busyness manage to waste time, a very precious commodity in my life!
2) Money: January was budget month... I used excel and maybe if I get motivated I'll even color coordinate! One Specific Area: specialty coffees- have a specific coffee budget (that I don't always use and I try to make for self rather than pay someone else to do it) *side thought: takes about the same amount of time... and wastes money= lose lose scenario*... Other areas- will be decided as I review my budget!

As stated this is a glimpse- This month happened so quickly and mainly I've found that this month is a month to reflect on what waste has been taking place and then fixing it.

Other news: I'm very excited about becoming an Aunt in April. I'm registered for Iron Girl again this summer and might be doing another triathlon as well! Lesson that it seems I continue to be learning is that God is in control*

*this might be elaborated at some point in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment