Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A door of opportunity...


So I have almost officially sent all the paperwork to apply to a graduate school that was not originally my first choice, but as a door has opened in the area it is looking like it has more potential than I thought in the first place!

Some background:
Melody introduced me to craigslist and it has become something that I have started to look into, seeing if teaching jobs are available & just enjoying the fact that you are able to post and respond to posts for free. Well while looking across potential jobs I came across one... that would be starting in the fall... in the city that I am applying to graduate school... a live-in nanny-ing position for a 2 1/2 year old and a few pets which would only be about 10 hours a week :) which would be a wonderful job to have during graduate school and would be fun and... is making that school even more appealing :)

Other interesting tid bits... it snowed on Friday... ending school an hour early *rolls eyes* but it STICKED!!!!! I guess that it's the first time that it has done so in a decade... and one wonderful thing was how we were able to get pictures (see above and below for pictures) and it melted in a day giving us the feeling of the arrival of spring... and this happened as Ben and Kelly stopped by on their way to Florida :)

It has been nice living with Melody and through having her constantly seeking jobs and figuring out things constantly reminds me to keep on top of getting things done which include graduate school, looking for a job on the side, and dun dun dun taxes! I am feeling more like an adult all the time and I am okay with that... I was scared that I would be bored with the routine, but am finding from spending time with students there is never a dull day and doing spontaneous sight-seeing or having family visit once in a while is nice! :)

Today was the first day that I was somewhat lacking in energy and might be taking the day tomorrow to get some extra sleep and restock on energy. Speaking of which I am starting to contemplate taking a longer vacation somewhere, but need to hear back from friends from NY whether they'll be able to make it or if I'll make a trip of my own to visit friends :)

There are some thoughts and pictures to update from the less snowy SC

No comments:

Post a Comment