Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Rambling thoughts about what's next... catching up the present

Update time: I've officially completed all of my coursework for my Masters! At the end of August they'll officially list that I have my Masters in Music Education and then I'll receive my diploma. The job at the church I've had is done at the end of July for many reasons. It's bittersweet, but exciting at the same time to see what God has for me next! On that note... ... I have been applying to numerous teaching jobs and am beginning to apply to jobs in general. Through this process I continue to battle myself. Spending a significant amount of money in the Music Education field, I find that I'm drawn to actually using that degree. At the same time, teaching English abroad is enticing. As of today, a job that interacts with settling people into housing is appealing. The biggest thing I'm finding more and more is that I need to do what is required for opportunities and need to trust that God will open and close doors as necessary. In the job that he makes possible I need to seek where he would have me minister in that area. Currently I'm home for my sister's wedding. This time home I find that I'm seeing this area in a way that I've never perceived it. I have had some rose-colored glasses on this place for some time and have started to see brokenness and faults of the area that I'd never seen before. My emotions have been stirred up like never before realizing some of the brutality of people's nature not even five minutes from my parent's. I'm realizing that I need to step back and watch God work...

No comments:

Post a Comment