Saturday, February 1, 2014

Whole 30 begins... and life continues...

In February I begin to undertake Whole 30. To clarify, Whole 30 is a "nutritional eating challenge (created by Whole9 in 2009) that focuses on eating a paleo based diet"*. It's based on a diet, but from what I've read, and from discussions with my roommate (who just completed Whole30 in January), it's more about detoxing your body from all of the processed materials in food and focusing on getting the nutrition you need.

Further note: At this point (I weighed myself this morning) I am 6.5 lbs heavier than I was when I graduated high school, which I consider to be a healthy weight. This is not for losing weight, although that is a possibility- I'll include that in reflecting on the process. 

I look forward to this focused month+ (February's short) of eating healthy and am excited to see what new recipes I enjoy. It will also be a interesting challenge with all of the Valentine's Day goodies that will be around this month. Today on day 1, I am finding an alternative to coffee creamer (you're not supposed to go with substitutions, but this might have to be my exception) with coconut milk, eggs, and coconut oil. Granted I started this yesterday, because I had ran out of coffee creamer, but I find today that I am accepting the taste of it and there's no sugar in it! For me that's a big deal- I like my coffee sweetened.

Beyond the food, I am hoping to make this a month of detoxing other areas of my life, as well as enhancing my life. I'm hoping to have more reading (really want to make sure I'm track with my group to read the bible in a year), knitting, and exercise this month, and less tv, facebook, online games, etc.  Furthermore with extra income, that is not taking my piano lesson money to get special treats for myself such as coffee, fast food, etc, I'll be more focused on getting a nice camera- I'm hoping I'll be able to get it by my birthday this summer (maybe sooner, if I get a job I'm hoping to get this summer- prayer about that would be great and I have the information that I'm in the final stages of the interview process and it would be amazing- would be a great opportunity to take tons of pictures).

That's life right now and I hope to keep everyone more updated with the challenges and insight gained this month.

*from thenakedplate.org

No comments:

Post a Comment