Saturday, August 28, 2010

Things have really come together!

The apartment is basically set to go! Groceries are bought, furniture moved in (mostly given, which is amazing), have a part-time job, all set as a graduate student, everything's decorated, etcetera. It has been amazing seeing how God has made all things work together for my good.

To elaborate...
Earlier this week I went to get the car inspected- it failed inspection and they said that the best use of it would be to sell it for parts/ take it to a junk yard... which was bad to hear since that was my plans of transportation since I am a 15 minute drive away from school, plan on working, etcetera. Dad made a phone call to Beller's Auto and found that they did not have anything on the lot, but that they were at a car auction and would see what they could find in the price range Dad was thinking of. They did and I get to pick that up on Monday and if I like it, which the family has told me that they think I will, I will be able to pay Dad back for it and keep it as my first car! A little bit excited!
Also with the apartment... One of my friends from camp is getting married/ has a ton of extra household items that she was planning on getting rid of and mentioned that... so I thought I should stop by and pick up some stuff... scratch that a LOT of stuff. Basically in the matter of 2 days the apartment went from unfurnished to completed furnished... and it all matches like it was planned that way!!!!! Side note- I also get to go to a Bachelorette party :o)... as long as class is over at a good time- somewhat hoping it's shorter since it's the first one- that's what undergraduate classes beginnings were like at least...
Today I had a job interview and it sounds like I fit the criteria of what they were looking for... babysitter/teacher/cook/housekeeping/assistant/grocery shopper/taxi driver- it sounds like a lot on paper, but the main gist is help out the family for a few hours a week, based on my class schedule, doing all the things I love to do/do not mind doing & get an income doing so! Also, since it's only a few hours that still enables me to substitute throughout the week!
God has definitely been faithful and although it can be a little nerve wracking being in a different place I have proof that God has prepared the way for me and have to trust that he will continue to do so. I just need to keep stepping out in the things I need to do and look forward to continuing to see God's faithfulness in the minute details!

No comments:

Post a Comment