Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolution Time: 2011 Edition

The time has come to put down my resolutions before I have a chance of breaking them before I have begun! Since I have become accustomed to lists I will use them here, not because my brain can't handle anything more complex as a friend suggested recently when I used a list for them :)

1- Go to 5 places I have never been before. More precisely actually cities/towns/areas. At this point there are 2 already concretely planned: a Mission's Trip to Schuylkill County, PA and Philadelphia, PA. I have 2 other places I hope to visit and make more concrete: New Paltz and Niagara Falls.
2- Read Catcher in the Rye, The Great Gatsby, and Moby Dick (2011 will be the year I conquer this book!!!!!). Never read them (completely in the case of Moby Dick) before!
3- Learn to play guitar well. Might be tempted to take a class to keep myself accountable.
4- Be open to new possibilities. In the past there have been opportunities that I shut down and never gave a chance to. In the new year I don't plan on going crazy doing activities that is against my character, but at the same time I feel that I need to return to some spontaneity.
5- Be at least 5-10 minutes early to appointments/work/class. I want to push myself to be more responsible with my time and more professional rather than apologetic.
6- Train and complete a triathlon! Super pumped about doing this with two wonderful ladies from camp and possibly my sister!
7- Be frugal and budget my finances wisely. I even plan to do so by taking money from any nanny-ing, accompanying, or substitute teaching I do and putting that money directly in my savings!

A little ambitious... possibly, but I am up to the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment