Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's good to be busy...

I came to the realization of how busy I was today when I went to respond to something on facebook and realized a change that had taken place that I was not in the foggiest aware of! And it felt liberating to a certain extent. It made me realize that I have not been able to waste a bunch of time on facebook and the internet doing things that are not necessary for sustenance of life- and that I like the change and the fact that my life has been occupied with other things.

Those other things at this point are not what I had imagined would be the things that excite me and keep me energized. These others things are actually things that I had thought of with trepidation. In a nutshell these are hum drum things that will be the majority of my life after college- that is habits of daily life.

Although the one current thing that I think keeps me going is the students. They are not in my classroom, that is I am not their official teacher, but from my past 2 substitute jobs it gave me a glimpse of the joy that I get from being in the classroom... and I am sure that this is another job that I get the check and exclaim happily "I get paid to do this!"

Long story short:
-This week is busy- I am working- coming home- doing normal things... but here are some of the highlights
*Finding time to read books that I have wanted to read/ re-read as the case may be
*Spending time with my sister and figuring out the various remotes
*Starting to feel more like a inhabitant than a visitor- along with that starting to have more of a sense where I am
*Getting loads of experience and having the extra time to research, apply, and figure out the next step of life graduate school...
With all this busyness that means an early day each day, which means I should be getting ready for the final early day before sleeping in on the weekend :) Until I next am inclined to write here am I :)

No comments:

Post a Comment