Saturday, January 9, 2010

tomorrow makes 1 week that I have been here...

I have come to the realization that I am in love with the simplicity of my life right now.

Today we didn't do anything particularly spectacular but just spending the time with my sister made the day so much fun. We went to the gym, walked the dogs, then went on a shopping excursion... and get this- it only took 15-ish minutes to get there! *quite the change of the familiar at least a 1/2 hour to a Walmart and an hour to anything remotely showing shopping. Also the wonderful thing was that we went to 1 store and did not spend too much time there and then were back before dinner with time to spare after renting some movies! :)

Tomorrow is my first day checking out a church in the area... slightly nervous about going to somewhere that the only reference I have is online and their website to see. It looks promising, but it is tough thinking of approaching church this way rather than having God place someone I know giving me a piece of paper telling me time and pick ups for the church. But I am trusting God has prepared that church for me... somewhere here and I just have to be persistent in searching for it... On that note I should be awake to actually be able to decide if it is the church I should be at the next few months... and it has a 9 am service that I'm planning on going to... so to sleep I go :)

That and after church we are heading into the city and I hope to see the Pineapple fountain and some other amazing views of Charleston- checking off some places I have been told to see as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment