Sunday, March 21, 2010

fascinating how the big change of last year has become the comfort level of this year...

... it was around this time last year that I went to the hair salon and got my hair cut for locks of love... then told her to have fun resulting in a fantastic hair cut that had my hair the shortest it had ever been :) I loved it right from the get go and it suited me just fine... so much so that I haven't grown it out past my shoulders since then even though I could have!

Just realizing that today made me realize how that was a risk that I took which resulted with something new for me. It was so drastic that people that I had known for 17 years didn't recognize me. At this point the new acquaintances that I'm making have seen pictures from merely 6 years ago and don't recognize that being the same person.

At the church I have been going to they have been talking a lot about faith and making sure that it's evident in your life. Realizing the outer changes that I have taken and will continue to take (getting my hair cut again and highlights as well!) it also brings to mind the importance of making those daily decisions to strengthen the faith which will be exhibited in behavior. It's time to take larger more drastic steps and risk more to deepen a relationship with Christ that there are changes on the inside that show the fruits of a relationship with God! I want to strive to be making those choices that cause people to see the growth of spiritual maturity through my life rather than merely the outer changes.

I have also come to the realization that the church I have been attending is starting to be more of a comfort zone and I'm becoming a face that is being recognized in the congregation as someone that attends rather than a visitor. Today someone came up to me stating as much and it makes me feel good to be able to smile at more familiar faces and have less people asking me if it's my first time. I'm starting to feel more like an attender than a visitor in spite of the fact that there are less than a handful of people that remember who I am and are sure to chat with me when I see them.

After my reflection/ analogy... more of an update...
Easter is 2 weeks from now in the midst of Spring Break- the first Spring Break that I'm actually going on vacation somewhere!!!! :) Specifically to Florida to visit some friends I work with during the summer and a family friend that also lives in... Sarasota!!!! Today I was thinking about how blessed I am going to be spending Easter down there! :) Other than that there's staff work day so that means I get a long weekend and hopefully I can check online tons and get some more work before I go to Florida... also planning on getting my hair cut *as mentioned earlier... and trying something new with highlights :) A little excited to see how it will turn out!

...and now that I feel quite girly and that I have related different points together I am going to depart from the blog until I next update... maybe/most likely with pictures of how the hair cut turns out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment