Wednesday, March 31, 2010

feel accomplished and happy about unexpected

So today...
I sent letters I've been meaning to send... filed taxes (actually get some money back!)... got a music substitute job for tomorrow and got 3 days of substituting after Spring Break :)... which is in 2 days :)... had a great chat with Lily :D... power went out which led to more productivity (specifically organizing/cleaning my room)... and led to lighting all of my sister's candles- pictures to follow- then playing trivial pursuit by candlelight with said sister and brother-in-law :)
I am finding it interesting that I have all this joy even with the craziest class I have had to substitute thus far... and I would even do it again! I guess I am learning to get over the disappointments and frustrations, learn from them, and find the joy in the small things! :)
Earlier this week...
I had the blessing of seeing Julia play with the opener downtown Charleston. I actually ran into her before the show and it was such a blessing to catch up and be able to discuss similar circumstances! It was also wonderful talking about different perspectives of history, slavery, coffee prices, and just to see a familiar face! :) Julia was great, as to be expected, and I loved that she was singing harmonies- then again I have found I am a sucker for singing harmony ;) *side note- I think most people probably sing along to the melody of songs they listen to on their ipod... while cleaning I found I was singing the harmony to songs :P... no one was home ;)* It was great to see the musicality in the acts that I saw before heading back to my current abode!
That's all for now so I am ready for elementary music in the morning... hair cut & highlights in the afternoon... final packing in the evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment