Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I have been slacking on updating...

I just realized that I have not updated on here in a while, and in the midst of my lack of motivation to study I thought managing a quick break to update would be appropriate!

I feel like I am finally getting into the swing of classes and work. At the beginning of the semester quite a few of my graduate classes gave me headaches and I thought my brain would explode from the information in them! One class in particular after an hour and a half I would be done and the teaching would continue *class is two hours forty five minutes- as are all of my graduate courses. Another discovery I made is the fact that the classes take place during the time when I have taken breaks from school work and relaxed, so that might have been counterproductive to current studying. Although I have survived that month and reached the point that I started getting the affirmation from the professor that I am doing it right. Now to discuss work- I am a nanny for a few hours a week, I am officially hired as a ropes facilitator through a YMCA camp in the area, and I have been and will be accompanying for the voice studio I am in- just need to get the details figured out! I am also in the running for a Christian Education Director job- which I should be hearing back about in a week or two... I guess they had another interviewee, but that they might be interested in interviewing me again! I wonder how that would affect my work load and can start stressing about if I get it/ not get it, but keep reminding myself God knows what I can handle and keep asking him to shut that door if that would be too much.

I have gone to two churches in the area. It seems like I have went away so many weekends, and have plans to continue to do so- which makes it difficult to connect with a church and fellowship. I attended CRU at RIT, which with all the talk of engineering made me think of my undergraduate Christian Fellowship. I have plans to go away the next two weekends as well, maybe when snow hits I will stay in the area and start settling in on that front.

Goals... Moby Dick has been on the shelf for a while- swimming has not taken place, but I ran/jogged/walked a 5 k this weekend and have played Ultimate and ran in the neighborhood!

That's life for now- I may be looking to get on the substitute list to keep up on that, that and the fact with all of the reading for graduate work that will work with giving me something to do during substituting. I'll look into it and see what opens up and works with my schedule that is getting busier all the time! In all of this busyness I am relaxed and at peace. I'm getting the work I need to get done and taking time for myself. It's a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment