Tuesday, November 30, 2010

One of these days...

... I'll be motivated to give a nice long elaborate wonderful post, but at this point will have to be content with a quick update on life.

Thanksgiving break was wonderful! I've never been more content to do absolutely nothing in my life :) Honestly at one moment I remember thinking "hey maybe I should be doing something" then realizing I didn't have to so I didn't.

That was besides Friday and Saturday when I was convinced to wake up early, for vacation standards, to go shopping. They turned out to be good shopping days mainly for me rather than the Christmas presents I should be getting, but now I'm done with half of the presents. That and I am finally getting ideas for the rest of the family so I'm not stressing out over that!

Today I was talking with the pastor and treasurer of the church that I work for and I came to a realization that this job is a good fit for me. For part of my job I get sent on a missions trip (that is don't have to pay for), help out another community (love when I am able to be helpful), hang out with the amazing youth at the church, get paid to do so, AND that's not part of my vacation! I was quite excited and at my excitement the pastor said that it's a good sign that I like spending time with youth. At the end of my time today I left my office the messiest I've left it... that is the papers weren't in a perfect stack... there are some items that I need to move to the storage closets... there are things left for me to do, but I had such a peace and contentment about it all. My list is constantly transforming and things are being accomplished. My only hope is that all the work I do coincides with God's plans.

The next week is going to fly by with all the work for school to do and the fact that my parent's and Lily are coming down to Rochester this weekend! They have not seen the apartment and the only time they were in Rochester, that I know of, has been for the All-State concert and, in Mom and Lily's case, for my audition to Nazareth for undergraduate.

Now for some randomness... Last time I was in Croghan I stopped by Stump's with my Mom and she informed me that those huge posters they use to advertise for movies they give away to the first person to claim them! So I claimed one that day and when I went to pick it up, saw another one I liked, and no one had claimed it! I put up the poster not 20 minutes ago and it matches the wall like it was meant to be there!

Final realization of the night since I have a big nanny day ahead of me... As I was driving home from Woman's Choir I realized that my day was what I will someday expect, hours wise, of a work day. I was at such peace about it and I think that has been the recurring theme of my life right now, one that I am thoroughly treasuring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment